More on dye-ing

There’s not much new to show on the coverlet front (if you’ve seen one nine-patch you’ve seen them all?), so here instead is an update on the pecan dye trials. Don took the leftover dye and swabbed it liberally onto our concrete back porch, which mellowed the raw gray to a nice rusty patchiness.

He’s now in the process of further enhancing the look by discarding his brush cleaning water (surely there’s a better term for this) at the end of his acrylic painting sessions …

Talk about abstract … with much more to come.

And then there’s this …

https://ackertart.blogspot.com/2021/11/65.html

Done and done

We both finished projects today!

Don’s acrylic take on a photo from our recent New Mexico jaunt …

and my cloth book Moon Myth

Both will eventually make it into the new art blog, but for now here’s the story of how the cloth book ended up.

The story began in May 2018 when I started to play around with ideas (click the pix to see complete images) …

And fortunately, much of its making was documented in blog links on the new blog and in page form on the old blog.

But as noted recently, I stalled in late 2018 when I tried stitching the plastic impregnated canvas text to the cloth blocks … that was no fun at all.

Fast forward to this past week, when I brought it back out and determined I was going to finish, dammit, come hell or sore fingers.

There were some hiccups along the way, but none of the problems were insurmountable. The most recent involved the too-skinny spine of the book, which I disassembled and then bolstered up by folding and hemming every other page edge …

The disassembling also gave me an opportunity to re-photograph every page with the light box, shown here with the latest art blog entry …

https://ackertart.blogspot.com/2021/11/burnished-pot.html

But honestly, I still like taking pictures on our soumak rug …

although I promise to do a proper art blog post … eventually.